WORKING ABROAD


Leaving your country for the first time would be very, very hard.  Just like what happened to me.  I've been working in my country for more than 10 years, leaving your comfort zone would not be as easy as you think.    Your family, your friends, neighbors, colleagues, the life you've been used to, your routine will change instantly.


Before my flight, I am too much excited and nervous as well.  But as the day of my departure is almost approaching, the butterflies in my bellies are moving more and more, hahaha.  And when that day finally came I can't move my feet, leaving your family behind.  I told them not to bring me to the airport because what I've heard from people leaving the country, it is much harder if family are with you to say goodbye (our place is 5-6 hours land travel to NAIA - Philippines). So literally, I was crying so hard, so painfully that I need to get my things, put it in the car and release my arms from my sleeping angels.  There's no turning back.  I need to do this, and be strong.

I arrived the airport and still nervous, you know why?  I am one of those Filipinos that will try their luck to pass the immigration without any hassle.  I am exiting Philippines going to Hong Kong for 2 days (tour), then from there will go to Middle East.  The interview went well, Whew! They kept on asking me questions again and again, trying to make me feel more nervous and maybe I will give them wrong details.  But maybe, I am destined to leave the country that day.  Then I arrived Hong Kong, alone... eating alone, talking to my family on skype that I am safe. Good that the next day is my flight going to U.A.E. or else I will be crazy. :)

As I stepped my feet here in the Middle East, Aha! at long last I am here after the too much waiting, , crying, travelling, butt-aching in the plane.  My friend and High School mate named Richard picked me up.  So this is Dubai. As we are in the Metro Train, he was telling and showing me places, the names etc. etc. but nothing were registering on my mind. I think I left my brain inside the plane. I am still worried, again why? I came as a tourist VISA, now it is up to my luck again to find job.  

Competition here is very strong, you are competing not only with you own "kabayan" but rather with different nationalities, Indians, Pakistanis, Russians, Chinese, Thailander, Indonesians and so on.  Resume is very important and how you defend what's in there are far more than important.  Be confident, pray and more LUCK as well.

Luckily, before my visa expires I got one.  But the struggle doesn't end here, you really need to adjust, the way of living, especially your home, here, it is normal to own just a space, home is the most expensive thing here.  You want to be more comfortable, pay more.  As for food, they are cheap.  As you are abroad, you will work, encounter different people with different characteristics, attitudes, and you have to deal with it.  Even the smell.   For private companies it is normal to have just 1 rest day, and usually its Fridays, not like in my country that we have Saturdays and Sundays.  For me it is OK now and already used to it, as you don't realize the days are going so fast, because homesickness doesn't have any expiration, it will attack you anytime, communication with your family is the number one treatment.  I am already two years now here in the Middle East, still a beginner, still more to learn.  For OFWs the best way to survive is being strong and always remember the reason why we are here, our FAMILY.  Life is not that easy I know, but it is always depends on us how to deal and be happy in our own way.  We have our own problems and we also got our own and different kinds of luck.  For people like me who were given a chance like this, use it in a good way to help our love ones back home, use this opportunity in life, as other may not be as lucky as we are to be given a chance and work.  Be responsible, follow the rules wherever country you were in, keep safe and be alert all the time too.  Don't TRUST easily. 



note: pictures from google images

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUROT IN DUBAI (BEDBUGS) - MY WORST NIGHTMARE!!!

LIVING IN DUBAI

and We call her MAMA ♥♥♥